Enough is enough…
We are finally ready, willing and able for the trip this year. Winds and our patience (hopefully) are telling us to head NORTH into the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California) and we will attempt a 380 Nm voyage north to Bahia Conception area:
Plan is to head north and west for 3 to 4 days and we will run for cover if the north winds come back while we are on the way. There are a few hiding places on the Baja side along the route.
The weather planner we are using is WINDYTV.COM. It says the southerlies are coming early and will be here for at least the coming week.
We left Marina Mazatlan a couple days ago and sailed down to the old harbor Mazatlan. Thinking we were headed south to Isla Isabella and then on to San Blas when we saw that south winds were forecast. So we decided to sit here at Club Nautic for a few days until the winds change. The Club Nautic charges here are $50 peso a day for dingy dock and local wifi, if you can get the signal. And you have to find the boss to give him the $50 peso.
The anchorage has good holding and there are buses that go past the entrance that can take you just about any place in town (Old harbor is in the lower right hand of the bus map below).
Some photos from the trip down to the old harbor:
Oh yes, and some photos from the old harbor where you get to see the cruise ships and ferries and bears, oh my:
We will spot on this trip. If you want to be on the spot list “Where is s/v Hajime?”, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just say, “add me to the SPOT list…”